Music Private Lessons
男女交配最好的好是好看视频Private lessons are available to all Westmont students. Specialists in each performance area are contracted to teach interested students. Music majors and minors are required to take private lessons as noted in the requirements in the College Catalogue. Thirteen forty-five minute lessons will be given each semester for one unit of credit. Students must attend at least twelve lessons in a semester, the required number of colloquia as specified in the department handbook, and engage in a minimum of 4 to 5 hours weekly of individual practice in their performance medium to receive a passing grade. Thirteen sixty-minute lessons will be given each semester for two units of credit. Students must attend at least twelve lessons in a semester to receive a passing grade. Additionally, students enrolled for two units of credit are required to attend 12 forty-five minute performance colloquia and engage in a minimum of 8 to 10 hours weekly of individual practice in their performance medium.
男女交配最好的好是好看视频Students must notify the instructor 24 hours in advance if a lesson must be missed. Lessons missed for just cause (sickness, holidays, etc.) will be re-scheduled at the convenience of the instructor only upon the request of the student. Lessons missed without just cause will not be re-scheduled.
Music lesson fees are not refundable after the first lesson or after the Friday of the second week of classes. Consult the Westmont College Catalog or Music Department Handbook for the complete refund policy. Questions should be addressed to the Business Office.
Signing up for Lessons
- Students can sign up for private lessons with the registrar’s office during the regular registration period each semester.
- Voice, piano, or violin students who are new to private lessons should register in the -0 section, not with a particular instructor. The music faculty will assign an appropriate teacher to each students, although students may express interest in working with a particular instructor.
- It is the student’s responsibility to contact their assigned instructor to schedule their lesson time. For a list of current instructors and their contact information please click here or call the music office at x6040.
Your School Bill Will Reflect the Following Costs for the 2019-20 Academic Year:
- Private Instruction for 1 unit of credit
$720 per semester for 13 lessons, 45 minutes, once a week.
- Private instruction for 2 units
$885 per semester for 13 lessons, 60 minutes, once a week.